Why should I join SNA?
Students who become members have membership in both the school (CSUSM chapter), state (CNSA), and national organizations (NSNA). As such, there are specific benefits to SNA members. These include:
Receiving SNA’s Imprint magazine, which is a professional publication for student nurses that offers career planning guidance.
Get discounts at various companies, including hotels, NCLEX prep materials, scrubs, health insurance, and more.
Have the opportunity to attend national and state conventions.
SNA membership looks good on your resume and shows that you are involved in both school and the community.
You can earn an SNA cord to wear at graduation.
SNA members also get to run for SNA Board of Directors positions, and this experience allows you to serve your nursing school community and practice leadership skills within a recognized and respected organization.
How much does it cost?
1. Current NSNA Membership Fees:
One year ($40)
Two years ($80)
2. One-time CSUSM SNA Chapter Fee:
$20 payable by
cash to SNA Treasurer,
check made out to ASI SNA, or
- please label Venmo transaction:
"Chapter Fee Dues" and your Cohort #
How do I sign up?
1. go to https://nsnamembership.org/
2. select ‘sign up for new membership’
3. page 1: fill out information
4. page 2: select State: California, then school: CSUSM
5. page 3: fill out information
6. page 4: do not select the box
7. page 5: fill in recruiter # 4031
8. page 6: pay (1 year $40, 2 year $80)
9. Pay local chapter fee, it is only a one-time fee($20)
Payable by cash, check, or Venmo
Address checks to ASI SNA
Email email@example.com to arrange cash or check payments
Venmo @csusmSNAtreasurer - Comment with "Chapter Fee Dues" and your cohort #
TBSN 11 Bonfire
Release of Liability & Student Conduct Agreement Forms
If you are in SNA or plan to participate in SNA related activities please follow the steps below to fill out the form from ASI CSUSM.
The University does not assume liability for the non-approved, non-supervised off-campus activities of its students, including those conducted as part of a recognized Student Organization. Members that do not complete a form cannot attend events on or off campus events until they do so.
2. Select student organization
3. Complete and e-sign the online form