San Diego Heart & Stroke Walk
Time & Location
About the Event
Why Heart Walk? Did you know 1 in 3 Americans have some form of cardiovascular disease and that heart disease kills more women than all forms of cancer combined? We can change these statistics by joining together to walk and fundraise for Heart Walk! You can bring your children, strollers, and dogs to the walk! There's a flyer attached with more information. Please follow the directions below to join our team to combat heart disease and stroke!!
To register, please:
1) go to www.SDHeartWalk.org
2) click on "Register here"
3) agree to the terms
4) click on the "Join a Team" button
5) type in the team name "CSUSM Student Nurses' Association" in the search.
Team Page URL: http://www2.heart.org/goto/CSUSMSNA
If you have any questions please contact Riley Reno at her email: email@example.com
Details about the event: Schedule
- 6:30 a.m. - Expo Opens
- 7:30 a.m. - Opening Ceremonies
- 7:45 a.m. - Walk starts (survivors will lead the walk and have a 1-mile route option)
- 9:45 a.m. - Closing Ceremonies
- 10:30 a.m. - Expo Closes
- 11:00 a.m. Last Shuttle
We will be walking through beautiful Balboa park and onto the CA-163 North! We will return to the Expo Area via Robinson Ave and 6th Ave.
Click here for the Heart & Stroke Walk Route Map
- Free parking will be available at the Inspiration Point Parking Lot. The best way to access this lot to avoid road closures is by traveling northbound on Park Blvd and turning right into the parking lot.
- Shuttles will transport participants from the parking lot to the expo area starting at 5 a.m. Inspiration Point Parking lot is located at the intersaction of Park Blvd and Presidents Way.
- Please note - only service animals will be permitted on shuttles.
- Robinson between 6th & 10th
- Northbound 163 on ramp at Park Blvd
- Northbound 6th between Thorn and Robinson
- Southbound Park Blvd between Zoo Pl & the 163
- President's Way, El Prado, and Cabrillo Bridge to Laurel
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the walk? Balboa Park; lawn at the intersection of 6th and Laurel Street.
How long is the walk? The Heart Walk is a 4 mile non competitive walk.
Are there any kids activities? Yes! A Kids' Zone will be available.
Are dogs allowed? Yes, leashed dogs are allowed and water bowls will be available for drinking. Please note: animals will NOT be permitted on shuttle lines, we apologize for any inconvenience!
Will food be provided? There will be a food tent in the festival area for all participants with light refreshments.
Will water be available? Yes, there is one water station along the walk route and one within the festival area.
Where are the bathrooms? Restrooms are located at the event expo site.
Is the event handicap accessible? Yes, the route is handicap accessible. Our shuttles will also be ADA accessible.
Are strollers allowed on the path? Strollers are allowed.
What if it rains on the day of the event? The Heart Walk will go on rain or shine. In the event of severe weather conditions we will notify participants via the website about the status of the event.